Wednesday, November 30, 2011

"...man greatly loved..."

I've been enjoying my studies in the book of Daniel of the Bible as of late. The Word of God really is rich with all sorts of wisdom, beautiful poetry, brilliant stories of God's providence, and captivating mysteries. 


Several times in the book of Daniel, Daniel has been recognized as a man greatly loved of the Lord (and respected by great men/rulers). And it's no wonder! Listen to the way he petitioned the Lord, "...For we do not present our pleas before you because of our righteousness, but because of your great mercy..." (Daniel 9:18). So humble. And listen to this, "...Fear not, Daniel, for from the first day that you set your heart to understand and humbled yourself before your God, your words have been heard, and I have come because of your words." (Daniel 10:12). I highly suggest reading these verses in the proper contexts. In the latter verse I just wanted to highlight that if we ever wondered if the Lord hears the prayers and petitions of His people and takes action, here is the proof that He does. How encouraging!


I have been challenged by Daniel. He consistently prayed, sought the Lord, fasted, had faith in his God, and was very tender concerning his people and the things of the Lord. I hope that as I set my own heart to understand and humble myself before my God, that I could be a little like Daniel ("a man greatly loved" and heard by the Lord).

signature

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin