Thursday, September 3, 2009

the amy challenge: beautifully making do



Amy March of the book Little Woman may have started out the brat of the family, but as she grew in stature, she also grew in character. One of my favorite qualities about her is that though her family couldn't afford the luxuries for which Amy had a taste for, she worked to make the best of what she had. The result was quite a charming creation, as we read in this excerpt from the book:

"...Amy was gratified, but of course didn't show it, and demurely answered, "Foreign life polishes one in spite of one's self. I study as well as play, and as for this"--with a little gesture toward her dress--"why, tulle is cheap, posies to be had for nothing, and I am used to making the most of my poor little things. Amy rather regretted that last sentence, fearing it wasn't in good taste, but Laurie liked her better for it, and found himself both admiring and respecting the brave patience that made the most of opportunity, and the cheerful spirit that covered poverty with flowers."


Starting next week will be the kick-off of The Amy Challenge: Beautifully Making Do. Every day of the week we are to create a NEW outfit combination out of the clothing, shoes, accessories that we already own or have barrowed from someone in our household. I will be posting my personal creations here and would like to encourage you to post how your challenge is coming! You can link up with the Authentic Beauty blog so others can follow along and share ideas.


Are you up for the challenge? I know you can do it! :) Also, you can tell your friends about it by posting a banner or button on your blog and linking it back here:











This should be fun!

-Abigail



signature

7 comments:

HIS daughter said...

Oh this sounds like so much fun! I am definitely in :) I love this kind of thing!!!
Blessings :)

justagirl4god said...

I'd love to be a part of this! :)

Anonymous said...

This will be fun! Count me in, and I'll send my readers over, too. :)

Teresa @ Grammy Girlfriend said...

Sounds like great fun...I had a few hours to blog hop tonight and enjoyed yours. Hope you will stop by and visit my new Christmas blog. There is a great giveaway this week. http://grammyababychangeseverything.blogspot.com

emii said...

Hey,
Sounds like awesome fun! I'm SO participating!

Luv,Emii

Beth said...

Very excited! Can't wait until the challenge starts. :) I am looking forward to participating. :)

Kate said...

Oh how funny!! I've been listening to Little Women on audiobook for the 3rd time, I LOVE Little Women! I've missed this challenge but I may have to do my own!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin